2019 Hh Master Class
Curious about IHhS Master Classes? This Video Reveals the Energy, Enthusiasm and Community that Make it Happen. We realize that not everyone can attend our Hyperhidrosis (Hh) Master Class in Patient Care and Practice Efficiency. But we’d love for our whole community to get a glimpse of what happens at these important educational and training events for physicians, nurse practitioners and other healthcare providers (HCPs).
We conducted our May 2019 Master Class in Washington, DC, and we think you’ll be impressed by the numbers we’re sharing with you.
Video & Results Reveal How It's Done
Feeling inspired and hopeful? There’s more.
Here’s what a Hyperhidrosis Master Class looks like by the numbers:
- 270 minutes of Hh educational lectures
- 180 minutes of hands-on Hh training
- 100+ Hh-friendly people in 1 room including HCPs, Hh sufferers, industry leaders and media representatives
- 27 patient volunteers receiving treatment for multi-focal, primary Hh of the underarms, hands, face/scalp and/or groin
- 25 U.S. states as well as the country of Mexico represented by HCP attendees
- 15 U.S. states represented by Hh patient volunteers
- 15 lectures on topics ranging from patient perspectives, to pediatrics, to geriatrics, to insurance and reimbursement
- 14 industry leaders observing from 8 vanguard companies (Brickell Bio, Candesant Biomedical, Dermavant, Dermira, Hidrex USA, miraDry, RA Fischer and Scotch Mountain Associates)
- 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits available to HCP participants towards continuing education requirements
- 5 world-renowned, Hh-expert faculty members (Dee Anna Glaser, MD: Professor, Interim Chair, Director of Cosmetic & Laser Surgery, Director of Clinical Research, Department of Dermatology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine; David M. Pariser, MD: Professor, Department of Dermatology, Eastern Virginia Medical School; Adam Friedman, MD: Professor, Interim Chair, Residency Program Director, Department of Dermatology, The George Washington University School of Medicine; Kelley Pagliai Redbord, MD: Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Dermatology, The George Washington University School of Medicine; Zakiya P. Rice, MD: Adjunct Clinical Professor, Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine)
- 4 exhibitors (Hidrex USA, miraDry, RA Fischer, Dermira)
- 3 sponsors (Allergan, Candesant Biomedical, Dermira)
- 2 iontophoresis devices raffled courtesy of Hidrex USA and RA Fischer along with in-kind donations to the patient volunteers from Cool-jams and Summer Soles
- 1 enduring Hh education opportunity that keeps coming back, year after year, to train and inform HCPs around the world
The numbers above add up to our 30th successful Hh training and education event!
We are so grateful and appreciative to everyone who made the Master Class successful; so much was accomplished. It could not have been possible without our hosts, the GW School of Medicine & Health Sciences and Eastern Virginia Medical School. Special thanks to Kayleigh Hausmann, Executive Residency Coordinator for the GW Department of Dermatology, and Dr. Adam Friedman, Residency Program Director, GW Professor and Interim Chair of Dermatology, and the entire IHhS Master Class physician-scientist faculty.
Thanks also for the generous support of individual donors, educational grants from sponsors and the contributions of our exhibitors. And much love and appreciation to our patient volunteers who gave of themselves so that the event could be hands-on and practical, and so that fellow patients can benefit from the advanced knowledge of the practitioners present.
See you next time and, in the meantime, keep an eye on our Know Sweat Podcasts for more IHhS news, stories and inspiration.